Run or walk... but be there to help raise funds for braces! Proceeds will go towards the cost of braces for a child in need. Bring family, friends, and neighbors!
The As I Can Foundation is excited to offer its' 2nd Annual Ice Cream Run by Races for Braces, featuring a Half Marathon, 10K and 5K Run.
Throughout Jerald Asican's life he developed a charisma second to none. Through guidance he found with his LHS counselor, Lisa Wilson, he had come to want to find a way to help foster-youth not only survive but thrive. As I Can Foundation takes a small piece of Jerald's own dream to have braces and fulfills this dream for other foster youth. When Jerald first moved in with his Forever Home Foster Family he said, "There is one thing I really want. It can be my birthday gift, Christmas gift, and any other gift you can think of. Please... I want braces." And EVERY child deserves to feel good about their smile. For more information on As I Can Foundation and Jeralds Asican dream.
All run courses start and finish at Islanders Field (1051 River Islands Parkway, Lathrop) and are on part paved road and packed dirt Levee trail.
5k Course Map
10K Course Map
Early Bird Special - till May 31st. Prices increase by $5. June 1st and July 26th
1-Mile Family Walk - Children 2 & Under Free, ages 3 & over $15.
5K - Individual Ages 18 & Under $20, Adults 19 & Over $30.
10K - Indivudual Ages 18 & Under $25, Adults 19 & Over $35
Half Marathon - Individual Ages 18 & Under 50, Adult 19 & Over $70.
Fees include finisher medal, custom event t-shirt and ice cream!
Each 5K/10K/Half Marathon runner will receive~
One (1) FREE Ice Cream. (Multiple options available)
An "As I Can: Finishers Medal
As I Can"Races for Braces!" custom T-shirt
Each 1-Mile Family Walkers will receive~
One (1) FREE Ice Cream. Does not include t-shirt or medal.
Overall Male / Female in each race
5K Run/Walk - Male / Female 3 deep in age groups:
9 & under, 10-13, 14-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 & over
10K Run & Half Marathon - Male / Female 3 deep in age groups:
18 & Under, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & Over
Winners will be announced at the day of the run. Presence not needed to receive award, they will be mailed.
Day of Event Packet Pick-up/Check-in (For all purchases regardless of purchase date)
When: Sunday, September 20th
Time: Beginning at am – 6:30 am
Required at Day of Event Check-in~
1. Photo I.D. for each participant (no exceptions, so if you are picking up for a friend you MUST have a copy of their I.D.)
2. An initialed, signed and dated copy of the waiver for each participant. (no exceptions, so if you are picking up for a friend you MUST have a copy of their signed waiver.)
3. Your ticket, either printed or on your smartphone. (no exceptions, so if you are picking up for a friend you MUST have a copy of their ticket.)
Packets need to be picked up at least an hour before wave time.
- Photo I.D. required for check-in.
- An initialed, signed and dated copy of the participant waiver. Do ahead it will save time in line! Download load here to save time.If not you will have to fill one out at the farm. Required at check-in.
- Very cool clothing and load up on the sun block!
- Spending Money for extra ice cream and t-shirts!
With special thanks to our Sponsor(s):
Remember parking is FREE!
Great memories with friends, family, and others!